Most of us know that google chrome is one of the quickest browsers out there especially on older computers. But Sometimes you may experience chrome running slow or not responding. This issue can cause because, either problem with the chrome browser or the computer that you are running it. Here this article guide how to fix chrome running slow after the update and speed up Google chrome performance.
How To Speed Up Google Chrome
Why is chrome so slow on my laptop? There are a lot of factors that can eventually make Google Chrome slow and deteriorate page loading. Inflicting Chrome extensions, Limited local storage and hardware support, Disruptive internet connection, corrupted browser cache or cookies are some common ones. If chrome running slow or not responding on your computer apply the tips below to speed up the chrome browser.
Update Chrome browser
If you have older version chrome installed on your PC that might impact its performance. Update chrome latest version not only secure but also improve browser performance.
- Open Chrome browser, click the three-dot icon under X button at the top-right corner
- Select help then about chrome browser, this will automatically download and install the latest chrome update.
Clear Browsing Data
Cached and cookies make web browsing faster. But sometimes it decreases browser performance and you may experience slow browsing speed while open web pages. Let’s clear cached and cookies and give chrome a fresh start.
- Click Customize and Control Google Chrome Icon.
- Nest go to Tools and click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Choose what you want to delete from your browsing history and do this step.
Plugins may reduce performance. So we have to disable some plugins which are not necessary. You will enjoy a better browsing experience If you do it. To disable plugins follow the steps below.
- Go to chrome://plugins/ by using your address bar.
- Unmark the plugins which are not necessary and delete some extra plugins which will not be necessary.
Extensions may slow down your google chrome browser. Lets disable and delete some extensions from your browser. To do it just follow the steps below.
- Go to chrome://extensions/ by using your address bar.
- Toggle off some extensions which are not necessary and delete some extensions which are not needed.
Remove Unnecessary Web Apps
This is very easy. Extra web apps can affect your browser performance. So, I would like to suggest you remove the web apps you don’t need. To do it –
- Simply type chrome://apps/ in your chrome browser’s address bar and press Enter.
- Now you will see all web apps.
- Right-click on which you want to remove and select Remove from chrome.
If you don’t find any benefit from the steps above, you may reset your google chrome browser. It’s totally up to you. To Reset follow the steps below-
- Go to chrome://settings/by the address bar.
- Now click on the Show advance setting.
- Now Click on Reset Browser Setting.
- Click on reset and cleanup then restore settings to their original defaults,
- This will prompt for confirmation, hit reset settings. Close and re-open the chrome browser.
The methods mentioned above are very easy. These are basic methods. So, Now, Let’s look at the advanced ways to boost browsing speed in this browser.
Renaming Chrome Folder
It is very easy. Just follow the instructions below –
- First of all Press CTRL + R from the keyboard to open Run.
- Now type %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\ and press Enter.
- Now you will see a new window containing some folders. You will see a folder name Chrome.
- Just right-click on it and select Rename.
- Now give its name as Chrome.old and press Enter.
- Now open the browser and see everything that seems new.
Normally, This feature should be enabled by default. But, You may still need to enable it manually. It is also a simple matter. To do it –
- Go to Settings and Scroll down.
- Now you will see Show advanced settings.
- Find and mark Prefetch resources to load pages more quickly.
Enabling Experimental Canvas Features
If you are an advanced user, You can enable experimental canvas features. It will boost your browsing speed with google chrome. To enable it –
- Simply type chrome://flags/#enable-experimental-canvas-featuresin your address bar and press enter.
- Now click on enable of Enable experimental canvas features and then click on Relaunch.
Enabling Scroll Prediction
It is so easy to step.
- Simply type chrome://flags/#enable-scroll-prediction in the address bar and press enter.
- Now click on enable & Relaunch like before.
Fast Tab/Window Close
Enabling Fast Tab/Window Close can help you to get a faster experience with chrome.
- Go to chrome://flags/#enable-fast-unloadlike before.
- Click on Enable and Relaunch.
Increasing rester threads number let google chrome show images more quickly. Because It reduces image rendering time. To do it –
- Simply go to chrome://flags/#num-raster-threads.
- Click on Default and select 4 from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Relaunch.
Simple Cache for HTTP
Enabling simple cache in chrome makes your browsing experience faster. To enable it –
- Navigate to chrome://flags/#enable-simple-cache-backend.
- Click on Default and select Enable from the dropdown menu.
- Click on Relaunch.
- How to reset or reinstall Microsoft edge windows 10 version 21H2
- Solved: No internet after windows 10 version 21H2 update
- Laptop Keyboard Is Not Working? checkout these 9 solutions
- 3 different ways to disable timeline in windows 10 version 21H2
- 5 ways to Check Graphics Card Information on Windows 11