BSOD errors are very common for windows users. This article can help you to fix driver IRQL not less or equal which is a common blue screen of death error.
Windows 10 Blue screen error, also known as BSOD or Blue screen of death mostly caused by corrupt drivers, corrupt system files, a damaged hard disk, improperly configured, or outdated drivers. Sometimes you may encounter, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error after a recent windows update or hardware change. This error means that something may be wrong with a device driver, your device’s memory, or antivirus software on your device. However, Tweaking a few things may help you to get rid of this error. Here is how to fix driver IRQL not less or equal blue screen error on windows 10.
Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal
First disconnect all external devices (Such as printer, scanner, USB flash drive or external HDD) connected to your computer and restart your PC.
Make sure that your drivers are current by checking for the latest Windows updates. Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates. Next, restart your device. Select Start > Power > Restart.
Note: Due to this blue screen error If you aren’t login into windows, you will have to follow these methods in safe mode.
If you see epfwwfp.sys along with this blue screen error name, You can fix it by deleting epfwwfp.sys. You can do it from the command prompt. It is so easy to process. Just open the command prompt. Then type the following command and press enter.
DEL /F /S /Q /A “C:\Windows\System32\drivers\epfwwfp.sys
Re-Install Network Driver
In windows 10, You may encounter this blue screen error anytime. However, If you see ndis.sys this name with driver IRQL not less or equal, it may be a result of faulty network drive. So, I suggest you uninstall your network driver. It may fix this problem. However, to do it:
- First of all, Open RUN by pressing Win + R.
- Now, Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Then, Expand network adapters.
- Right-click on the network adapter name you want to uninstall and choose to uninstall.
- After doing it, Click on Action from the menu bar and choose Scan for hardware changes.
- It will automatically detect and install the network adapters. But, If possible, You should download the latest drivers from your PC manufacturer’s website and install them.
It may fix driver IRQL not less or equal.
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error can be fixed by updating/upgrading everything on your PC. You just need to do the following things.
- Install the latest service pack.
- Always Keep up to date with your PC.
- Upgrade all of your Drivers to the latest version.
Fix Bad Virtual Memory Page Issue
You also may experience DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL for the bad virtual memory page. So you need to fix it. To fix it, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Computer Properties. Just right-click on Computer / This PC and select Properties.
- Click on Advanced System Settings.
- Open Advanced Tab.
- Then click on Change in the performance section.
- Then click on Advanced Tab.
- Now click on Change in the Virtual memory section.
- Now uncheck automatically manage paging file for all drivers.
Hope it will fix DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.
Uninstall Overclocking Tools
Some PC manufacturers provide a dedicated tool that can enhance the CPU overclocking process. Sometimes, These may cause BSOD errors. So, I suggest you to uninstall them to fix driver IRQL not less or equal.
Disable Antivirus & Firewall
Some antivirus programs are commonly responsible for the specific blue screen of death errors. So, I suggest you disable any third-party antivirus or firewall programs to see if it fixes driver IRQL not less or equal.
These are some cool methods to fix this BSOD. If you don’t get any working solution, you may do a system restore or reset windows 10 as the last method. You also may post on the Microsoft community to get additional help. By the way, If you have any better idea to fix DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, You can share it in the comment box.
Follow all these above steps to solve driver IRQL not less or equal which is a common blue screen of death error.